At Atlantic Contracts, we recognise that climate change is an issue affecting all of society. That’s why we aim to play an active part in tackling the issue by managing our own carbon footprint and by promoting the use of lower-carbon solutions and sustainable products.
We are committed to being;
- Carbon Neutral for our Scope 1 and 2 emissions, and our Scope 3 emissions under our direct control, by the end of 2030
- Net Zero Carbon by the end of 2040
We published our Net Zero Carbon Policy & Strategy document in August 2022 which sets out the timeline and key actions that we will be undertaking.
We recognize the significant impact the construction industry has on the environment and we carefully manage the environmental aspects and impacts of our business activities through:-
- Our Environmental Management System, which is fully compliant with BS EN ISO 14001 and certified by the BSI
- The sourcing of sustainable materials that are covered by the appropriate certifications
- Waste reduction, reuse and recycling - all our waste goes to facilities that are at least 98% diverted from landfill
- Use of low emission equipment, including electric, and HVO fuel
We work closely with our clients to ensure their Social Value goals are achieved by:-
- Employing local labour and apprentices
- Encouraging spend in local communities and use Social Enterprises
- Sourcing products from local suppliers and manufacturers
- Supporting our client’s Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) activities by engaging with the local community and facilitating site visits
We ensure that our products and services meet, and if possible exceed, with our client’s BREEAM requirements.