Getjar recognises that climate change is an issue affecting all aspects of society. We aim to play an active part in tackling the issue by managing our own carbon footprint, promoting low-carbon solutions, and using sustainable products.
We have a commitment to become Carbon Neutral for scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions under our direct control by the end of 2030. Additionally, we've made a promise to become Net Zero Carbon by the end of 2040.
We laid our cards on the table with our Net Zero Carbon Policy & Strategy document from August 2022. This document set out the timeline and key actions that we'll be taking for the next 18 years.
Historically, the construction industry has had a significant impact on the environment. We think that needs to change. We carefully manage the environmental impact of our business in a variety of ways:
- Our Environmental Management System, fully compliant with BS EN ISO 14001 and certified by the BSI.
- We source sustainable materials covered by the appropriate certifications, like BES 6001 and UKCARES/Eco-Reinforcement.
- We use materials with certified Environmental Product Declarations (EPD).
- We reduce our waste and focus on recyclable materials. All our waste goes to facilities that are at least 98% diverted from landfill.
- We use low emission equipment, including hybrid, electric, and HVO fuel.
- We invest in off-site manufacturing.
We work closely with our clients to ensure their Social Value goals are achieved in many ways. We employ local labourers and apprentices, focusing on nurturing local communities. We also encourage spending in local communities, using Social Enterprise Sourcing to buy products from local suppliers. We support our client's Considerate Construction Scheme (CCS) activities when we engage with the local community, and always encourage site visits. Finally, we make sure that our products and services meet or exceed our clients' BREEAM requirements.